As digital marketing grows in popularity, we’re starting to see more trends in favor of video!
Video will account for 80% of all Internet traffic by 2019
What’s your video strategy?
Here are some quick and easy stats to use to convince your the powers that be to invest in that video project, Instagram videos, YouTube ads and more!
87% of online marketers use video content
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
According to a recent study, 71% of marketers failed to deliver the quantifiable business results expected by management in 2013 because they weren’t tracking metrics, merely experimenting with new media. That said, it’s fairly likely that even though you’re measuring marketing spend, you’re not connecting your video marketing assets to the revenue they influence.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Sixty-four percent of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos (via tubularinsights).
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
The ultimate question for video marketers: how do I come up with a video strategy that will have maximum viewership and turnover for my company? Don’t worry—if you already have a content marketing strategy for 2018, all you have to do is apply that to video. Job done.
Video Marketers grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
Consider the type of video content that will best appeal to your audience. Think about the style that will best represent your company. Assess your goals. What are you hoping to achieve with your videos? Do you want to drive traffic to your website? Do you want to sell a product or service? Do you want to promote an idea or initiative?
One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words
Video marketing is one of the most popular tactics for online marketers today, and with good reason: video is more engaging, more memorable, and more popular among consumers than any other type of content. To give you some idea of just how important video content is for your digital marketing strategy, we’ve compiled a list of video marketing statistics from studies around the web.
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic (85% in the US). (Cisco)
- YouTube is the second most trafficked site, after Google. (Alexa)
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research)
- Users view more than 500 million hours of video each day on YouTube. (Business Insider)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text. (Wordstream)